Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yet another splint connection

and this time it's me.

Still not sure exactly how I managed it but either during the sword fight or when i was picked up when I was 'dead', I injured my wrist. When I got back to the dressing room and tried to get changed I felt a searing pain shoot though my wrist and hand and when the first aiders got a look at it, they packed it in ice and put it in a sling as it was a 'funny shape and didn't look good'.

Setman took me to A&E whilst 'Alice' dropped my car home. They sent me to x-ray and once done we spent a fun packed 2+ hours waiting to be seen. Finally got home at 3:30am.

Nothing major showed up on the x-ray but it's likely that I have a hairline fracture. Apparently I might get called back by the hospital to be re assessed as only the emergency night team were on duty and my x-rays will be checked within a couple of days by someone more senior.

So I'm now in a splint and typing with one finger of my left hand. It's not painful as such, just very, very uncomfortable. As to how we manage the the fight scene tonight and how I get on with my costume, including the black gloves, remains to be seen later.

Lyric of the Blog: " Take these broken wings. And learn to fly again, learn to live so free. And when we hear the voices sing. The book of love will open up and let us in " Mr Mister

No comments: