Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Aftershow Party!

The Party!

Something everyone in the cast looks forward to. Time to let their hair down and party - and boy did we party!!

It was hosted by the parent of one of the kids in the show. I wonder if they really knew in advance what they were letting themselves in for ....

Everyone arrived just after midnight with more beer and food than we could have possibly got through in a night. There were people dancing in the front room and at various times during the night a guitar and a keyboard arrived and MD, Bass Guitarist and Sound Engineer jammed for various impromptu singalongs!

Director stopped everyone at one point and gave me a draft copy of this blog, in black and white. I had joked with Programme Editor who works for a newspaper about publishing it for me and little did I know but it's in progress.

I finally gave up and came home at approx. 4:30am (so I'm told!) Not bad considering how much the arm was hurting by then, but then Smirnoff Ice is a reasonable pain killer! I think the remaining few people slept where they fell/sat.

Lyric of the Blog: " Well, my friends, the time has come, To raise the roof and have some fun. Throw away the work to be done, Let the music play on (play on, play on). Everybody sing, everybody dance, Lose yourself in wild romance. We're going to party, Karamu, fiesta, forever. Come on and sing along! " Lionel Richie

(Posted 11/12/2006 but written 10/12/2006)

No comments: