Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Set 1 - The Street Scene

Now the run of the show has come to an end, I thought I'd take the opportunity before I bring this blog to an end to share with you some pictures of the sets from the show.

The first set for the opening of the show was the street scene which was painted on the external side of the double hardback.

The design was taken from a postcard of Captain Cook's House, Grape Lane, Whitby.

The pictures below show the initial construction of the double hardback and shots of the set in progress during the various set build days (and nights!).





























Lyric of the Blog: " I have often walked down this street before; But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before. All at once am I Several stories high. Knowing I'm on the street where you live " My Fair Lady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris - you have done an absolutely amazing job of everything; the blog, the production, the costumes and the lot! You deserve high praise indeed. Congratulations. Lx

Producer said...

Thanks MD!

You've been a rock. Couldn't have got through it all without you.