Saturday, December 09, 2006

Evening Performance Fri 8th Dec

The day started when four of us met for lunch at Nando's before heading to the cinema nearby to see Happy Feet. We had promised ourselves a year ago that we would go and see it when we saw the trailer.

After the film we came back to mine and watched some of the DVD of our 2004 production of Stephen Sondheim's Company before heading to the village hall to set up for the performance.

We knew in advance that it would be a noisy one as we had two block bookings of nearly 100 kids but boy, were they noisy. It was great! I spent the first two scenes of the show trying to work out why I couldn't see out of one eye as I had blurred vision. It was only when I got off stage between scenes to check my lenses that I realised that I'd managed to put the novelty contact lens in on top of my normal prescription lens instead of taking the other one out first!

Yet again everyone was fab in helping me to get changed and get gloves on and off and there was both an ice pack and pain killers waiting for me when I got off stage which I was very grateful for. The reduced mobility and reliance on other people is SO frustrating and as I was in a lot of discomfort after the performance tonight, I wonder what I'll be like after two tomorrow.

I can't quite believe that tomorrow is the last day of the show. Just two more performances to go. I know everyone is looking forward to the last night performance and the party afterwards but I know I'll be sad that it is all over. I would quite happily do another weeks worth of performances if only we had an audience to perform too.

With two performances, the party and the set to strike on Sunday - it's likely that I'll have to blog on paper and update in retrospect on Sunday evening ........

Lyric of the Blog: " I've been trying ooh so long to let you know, Let you know how I feel. And if I stumble if I fall, just help me back, So I can make you see. Please give me one more night, give me one more night " Phil Collins

No comments: