Friday, December 08, 2006

Evening Performance Thurs 7th Dec

Tonight's audience is one of the reasons I love theatre productions. They make all the hard work by everyone over the recent months seem so worthwhile. They were great. the cast knew they were going to be with us from the moment the curtain went up and they shouted their lungs off for the whole show. Fantastic.

Playing King Rat with my arm in a splint was 'interesting'. Minor adjustments were made to the fight scene at the end so that I couldn't do any more damage to myself and could die and be carried off safely. My hand in the splint with the black glove on just looked like a solid claw or deformity so hopefully won't have detracted from my performance too much.

By the interval I was in need of painkillers and my sling and I was relieved to get some ice on it at the end of the show as it was quite painful and there was no way I could have done the quick change into and out of Dobbin so 'Flora' was the back end for me tonight. Poor 'make up artist' not only had to put my make up on tonight, she ended up half dressing me and taking it all if for me as well.

'Dame' turned up at the hall looking and feeling awful and looks like he's coming down with flu, yet he put in an A1 performance tonight, as did everyone. It's amazing just how a good audience can carry you through.

Lyric of the Blog: " Get around Town, where the people look good, where the music is loud. Add your voice to the sound of the crowd " Human League

No comments: