Monday, December 18, 2006

The stage and band pit


Something simple was called for here. I always think that the simplest things often give the greatest impact and I'm all for continuity. Having come up with the idea fairly early on in the set planning stages, the stage surround and band pit was left until almost last to paint to ensure that the pale background colour didn't get marked in any way.


Several members of the cast undercoated and painted the background colours for me and then on the final set build Sunday, 'Alice' spent approx. 8 hours, I think, painting in the DW's and tiding up all the edges so that everything looked good.




Lyric of the Blog: " And I won't break and I won't bend. And with the last breath we ever take. We're gonna get back to the simple life again " Elton John

No comments: