Sunday, December 10, 2006

Set Strike - Sun 10th Dec

Several incredibly bleary eyed cast members drifted into the hall from 10am onwards to strike the sets, sound tower, raked seating, dressing rooms, prop store, make up, front of house etc and return the hall to it's normal state! There were a lot of rather ill and overtired faces, still hungover who in some cases hadn't actually been to sleep or bed at all!

'Alice', 'Secretary' and I brought the majority of the costumes back to my house at lunchtime so that they could be washed asap as some including the harem girls and Mustapha & Leek are going straight out on hire this morning! 'Alice' and 'Stan' have also taken a bin bag full of costumes each home to wash for me. We'd just started unpacking the cars and erecting the costume rail in my conservatory when my mate from next door but one who had been in the audience for the final show came in to see how my wrist was. She volunteered her washing machine to help out and left the house an hour later with a bin bag full of costumes to wash for me as well - what a star.

One thought struck me at lunchtime - that we never managed to take a cast photo, which we have for the last couple of shows, of everyone together in their costumes. That is a shame.

The three of us returned to the hall to find the lads hard at work still trying to find room to put everything away and the last of us finally left, absolutely exhausted at approx 4:30pm. Eight exceptionally hungry, tired people headed for the local Toby carvery for a quick roast before heading home. No one said very much. Everyone was too tired by that point and looked wrecked.

After 5 loads of washing were done it's was finally time for bed!

Lyric of the Blog: " But look outside and dream it's only when you look inside you'll understand. And I'll be there I'll be there. Say the end is near. The end is near " Embrace

No comments: