Friday, November 10, 2006

Thursday Rehearsal 9th Nov

We ran Act 2 last night, first without songs to get the blocking right then again with no scripts and all songs included. It's looking good but there is a visible difference between the amount of script that people have learnt for Act 1 and Act 2.

Next week we must finish all the remaining choreography so that the week after we can do complete show run-throughs. There's still a lot of hard work ahead.

Ticket sales continue to come in, slowly, but steadily. We've now sold just over 350 over 7 performances, although we have performances which are almost sold out and others where there is not even one row of audience.

A couple of the cast spent Wednesday distributing postcards through doors of another local village for me and a couple of people have taken batches of posters from me to go up in the next couple of days.

The 'pantomime pullout' should be published in the local paper next week so News Editor has been furnished with a poster, postcards and pictures from the London trip to use. He's also been given the details of the winners of the Dame Costume design competition to publish as well.

I sat down when I got home last night and updated both the show budget and my expenses which now exceed £1000.00! Ouch ! The receipt envelope is expanding rapidly.

Three weeks today is opening night ...........

Lyric of the Blog: " This is the story of my life, and I write it everyday. I know it isn't black and white, and it's anything but grey " Bon Jovi

No comments: