Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Monday Rehearsal 13th Nov

It really is the little things that mean the most sometimes ...

The majority of the group were hard at work last night learning choreography for the final songs before we start complete run-throughs next week, so I spent the entire rehearsal behind closed tabs marking out the hardback for the village street scene in pale pink paint so that it can be painted this coming Sunday.

This was always going to be a challenge as there's always been someone else to do it in the past. Drawing and painting are definitely not my strong point unless I'm shown what to do and can copy verbatim. I draw like a 5 year old but I do quite enjoy doing paint effects on things.

One of the 10 year old girls came onto the stage having tried her a jacket for a costume and came to show me that it fitted and asked what I was doing whilst looking sideways down the length of the hard back, so I got her to stand at the front of the stage and tell me what it looked like - without showing her the picture I was copying.

"Cool" she said "It's a village"..... I could have hugged her.... Lots! It really made my evening.

I opened the tabs at the end of the evening to have a look at the whole scene from the back of the hall and MD asked why the QE2 was sailing across the rooftops. (it was supposed to be a chimney but I couldn't really argue as it did look like a ship!!!)

Ticket sales up to 418 last night.

Lyric of the Blog: " The mist is lifting slowly, I can see the way ahead and I've left behind the empty streets that once inspired my life" The Moody Blues

1 comment:

Producer said...

It's ok, but I could be persuaded to switch suppliers.....

On second thoughts, give the set builders food that good and I wouldn't any work out of them for the rest of the afternoon.

Ham, Egg and Chips... mmm mmm mmm