Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Famous Footsteps


Well famous boots anyway .....

When we did Treasure Island last year, I acquired some costumes from someone who is involved with re enactments and living history recreation and included in the swag were a pair of black, thigh length, pirate style boots which unfortunately weren't deemed suitable for either me, as Jim Hawkins or anyone else to wear at the time.

When I was first cast as King Rat and had the idea of going "Goth", the boots sprang to mind. They are a bit too big and will need to be padded out with extra socks but it doesn't matter as I'm not dancing as such for any of my songs.

and the famous bit? .....

They were worn by Kevin Kline in the 1983 film version of Pirates of Penzance and were acquired from Shepperton Studios where the film was shot as they were left behind when filming finished. After a few Google searches, I managed to find posters advertising the film and pictures of Kevin Kline actually wearing them.

So:- Thank you Mr Kline, for forgetting your boots because I love 'em!!!!

Lyric of the Blog: " Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes, even if it was for just one day. And wouldn't it be good if we could wish ourselves away. Wouldn't it be good to be on your side, the grass is always greener over there. Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care " Nik Kershaw

No comments: