Thursday, November 23, 2006

Plastered!

I've just had two texts from "Shovel"

"Hi. I've just had a little accident - nothing broken but my arm is in a splint. Can I still be in the show? - it'll be ok in a week or so "

"Fell and bent my wrist and thumb much too far forward on landing. Nice bruising already and it was only a couple of hours ago. Got muscle and ligament damage!"

Have just texted her back and asked if she's been to hospital. On the second Saturday of Cinderella in 2000 she put her hand through a door having locked herself out between the matinee and evening performance. After the after show party, set strike and Sunday lunch the two of us spent a fun filled three hours in A&E only to find that her wrist was broken......

I held my head in my hands at this point and decided that if this is the worst thing to go wrong over the next 19 days before the show is over, I'll be relieved!...

Lyric of the Blog: " I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm perfectly calm, I'm utterly under control" Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Sondheim.

No comments: