Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Monday Rehearsal 20th November

Our first complete run-through, or it should have been if I haven't taken up so much of Director's time getting chorus costumes tried on ten girls, the fairy costume tried on both Bowbelle's and Shovel and Spades costumes.There was also choreography to be run for those who had missed last Thursday evening.

In the end we only got through Act 1 and it took far, far too long as some people are still hesitant over their lines. The pace needs to be quickened and the whole thing tightened up.

I had an awful night stage wise. The lines were fine but I need to work with my little rat to get the timing for picking her up in one scene sorted. I don't have any choreography done for either of my Act 1 songs either, both of which were awful. The duet with Bowbelle was wrong and I just didn't have the enthusiasm and confidence to do Rat Out of Hell justice and sing with any emotion after Sunday. I'm just glad I didn't have to sing Wild Boys last night.

I need to find something to get me back on track but I don't know what. We have the long weekend ahead which drains everyone and with a huge amount of both set painting and costume stuff still to do it's going to be hard.


Lyric of the Blog: " I thought I had it this time. I thought the dream would be mine. Hoping to fly I fall. Oh how I wish I just didn't care at all. Coz when you don't care, you don't cry. It wont hurt if you don't try" Fame

No comments: