Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monday Rehearsal 30th Oct

MD decided to do his 'bad cop' bit last night to give everyone a kick up the **** At the moment there are a lot of individuals on stage and we need to motivate them into working more as a team.

We then rehearsed the walkdown number and put everyone into order before MD worked on all the ensemble numbers. "Bowbelle" spent the remainder of the evening working on some more choreography for 'Sugar & Spice'.

Not one of my better nights. I need to find an extra 10 ghoul sailor costumes for "Who'll Mop the Main Deck" as I hadn't accounted for the kids or Shovel & Spade being in it. Looks like tonight will be spent at the hall loft assigning what costumes we do have to people and checking if what's on the wardrobe database actually exists so that I can then raid the supermarkets and buy up skeleton costumes and scream masks which may be reduced in price by late this evening.

Sat down with the Dame and worked out exactly how many costume changes he has and allocated him some outfits, however two at least will need major alterations so that they will fit properly. I'm out of my depth here. I'm no dressmaker and having people coming up to me who don't sew either, telling me to 'just take it in and add a bow' doesn't help.

Lyric of the Blog: " Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?We danced and sang and the music played inna de boomtown. This town, is coming like a ghost town. Why must the youth fight against themselves? " The Specials

No comments: