Thursday, September 07, 2006

Auditions

Tonight we audition for the show.

When I say we – I actually mean they (Director and MD) as they are casting the show. Although I’m producing, I really want to be on stage as well so by being excluded from the casting process, I can audition and hopefully take part.

That said – I HATE auditioning. I don’t mind the reading and the characterisations but I still shake like a leaf if I have to sing and generally spend more time in the loo, peeing for England, than in the hall. Bizarre given that it’s in front of people who are some of my best friends and even more bizarre that in a performance situation I am rarely nervous, unless I have people coming to see a show for the first time.

I can’t wait to see what all the new guys can do – Director and I have both had further phone calls during the week and are expecting a few more new faces tonight, which is fantastic news. There's so many good character parts in the show both principal and small roles that there really is something for everyone.

Lyric of the Blog: "Everybody is a star, Everyone is special in their own way, So you set your goals high and go far" Madonna

No comments: