Monday, August 28, 2006

Script Scanning

All I wanted to do was scan the script, convert it from .jpg to a word doc and email it out.....

Sounds easy, looked easy, but a word of warning. It's not! The pages had text in 3 different sizes, the tabulation was all over the place and there was some very unusual connotations of words and names that hadn't scanned correctly or even consistently to the wrong thing, let alone the right thing !!!

Add to that the fact that I had 55 individual pages to cut and paste into one master document and had to make sure I hadn't duplicated any pages or left any out. (It only happened about 4 times, I think!)

It would have been quicker to have retyped the whole script. 12 hours of work, numerous cups of tea and a severe, albeit temporary, case of RSI from the mouse later, it's done. I have to say though - It's a very funny script and I'm really looking forward to seeing it being performed ...

I hate Word. Give me an Excel spreadsheet any day! Now for the Props list.

I must be mad - Oh yeah, I forgot ........ I am!!!!!!!

Lyric of the Blog: "I'm going slightly mad. It finally happened!" Queen

No comments: